Monday, December 19, 2011

A slight change of plan...

Friends, as this year draws to a close I have made some decisions that pertain not only to my own life but to this blog as well.

As far as this blog is concerned the change is minor. I will still be writing periodically about my daily musings and goings on, but on top of that I shall also be using this as a creative outlet. I stumbled upon a book I was given back in junior year of highschool by my creative writing teacher, Ms. C. "A Writer's Book of Days" is the book and it gives you (the writer) short prompts and inspirations to begin writing and you set aside a time for yourself everyday to create something from those prompts. When I told my boyfriend about this idea he said "but why can't you just write?" A valid question. With a valid answer. I have been writing on and off since highschool and I used to be able to just sit and write out pages upon pages and I thought it was decent, but now I feel age and experience make me feel very inadequate as a writer. So, I sit down to write and knock out a page or two and then I feel it's all crap and ultimately end up throwing it out. I have all of these ideas but I'm having trouble getting them out of my head and onto the page, so I feel that setting aside 30 minutes (minimum) a day to write everyday and having a small sentence to guide me may help me regain the confidence of my youth. "What does this have to do with us?" you're probably wondering. Well, dear friends, I have decided that I shall be posting whatever comes out of these prompts here. Don't worry, I won't be linking all of the posts to Facebook and other social networking sites. Just the ones I feel deserve a good read. You are always more than welcome to stop by any time and read, if you like. I can't guarantee that all of them will hold any weight, but this is an adventure after all.

As far as my life is concerned, well, I have decided to undergo another adventure and pick up another hobby (on top of the daily writing). With the coming of the new year I have become determined to take better care of myself. I'm going to start working out, mostly at home for now but you never know maybe I'll grow a pair and start running outside. To help me on this journey I had my boyfriend buy me some workout gear as a Christmas present, which (I'm hoping) will guilt me into working out everyday, or almost everyday. I have four months until we go to Puerto Rico and I am determined to look like should actually be wearing a bikini. The big change will be my sobriety. For the entire month of January, friends, I will not be consuming any "adult beverages". I'm going to go out with a bang on New Year's Eve and then for the 30 or so days after I will be the DD. I will be the pinnacle of sobriety!

This will be a journey into my soul. This will be an interesting 30 days. I'm determined to get into shape, not only physically but mentally as well. I'm armed with my running shoes, a fancy new Nike training app on my phone, a new 'do, a kindle loaded with the classics (The Last of the Mohicans, Black Beauty, Jane Eyre, A Tale of Two Cities, the Lord of the Rings, etc., etc., etc.), a new notebook and pen, and an iron will.
So there it is, friends. I hope you'll stick around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment